Before leaving the French territory - Bordeaux Montaigne University v1.2

Before leaving the French territory

Close a bank account

To close a bank account, a registered closing letter must be sent to your bank, with a bank identity statement (RIB) of the account to be credited and with the means of payment linked to the account (checkbook, bank card).

Leaving the accommodation

You have to respect the following steps:

  • You must send a departure notice to the owner by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt. The notice period depends on your rental contract (between 1 and 3 months before leaving).
  • Then, do the check out with the agency or the owner.
  • Don’t forget to cancel your home insurance and other contracts associated with your accommodation (gas, electricity, phone …).

Administrative procedures

You have to notify the following administrations before your departure, depending on your situation:

  • Tax office (le Service des impôts)
  • Family/housing allowances (la Caisse d'allocations familiales (Caf))
  • Social Security (la Caisse Primaire d'Assurance Maladie (CPAM))
  • Pension fund (la Caisse de Retraite)

You can notify all those administrations in one single step online.